Re: [TCML] Frequency inverter questions

Hey Matt...

Since Inverters are loaded with solid state electronics now-a-days, I would keep them away from the primary/secondary fields, possibly even consider a shielded enviroment. A filter ( Corcom style) between the motor and supply ( inverter) would be an added protective factor. Shielded cable from the filter to the motor is also something to consider for extra protection... I'm sure there is someone here that uses no protection and has great results with no failures but Murphy has its own laws.... ;)

Scot D

Tesla wrote:

Hi all.

I have aquired a couple of frequency inverters to drive the motors of my rotary spark gaps. Is there any special arrangement I have to keep in mind when using them so I don't destroy the
inverters? Any other hints, tips and tricks are greatly appreciated .
I'm thinking mainly of the generated EM-fields from the coils.
Thought I ask before I put them into use as they aren't exactly cheap.

Regards
/Matt