Re: [TCML] Check the Discharge Time of my Bleed Res

Hello All

Terry wrote:-
>>Just charge the whole cap to say 10V or any battery voltage laying nearby.
Then disconnect the battery, count to ten, and go probing around >>with the
good ol' meter for any caps that have a significant fraction of voltage on
them.

Yes they all seem ok.
______________________

Dr Res wrote:-
>>.  I bet the xmfr winding impedance, with center tap from each hot to
ground, wil be equally effective is discharging all the
>> caps at nearly the same rate.

I wondered on this myself, and I had also seen in the archives that there
are differing ideas on this. I used resistors to play safe in the end. I had
also read of caps regaining a charge, I was surprised at this, but assume it
must be true. And as I am in the process of construction and none of the
wire connections are permanent (I was handling the disconnected MMC today)
this was another consideration.

Dr Res wrote:-
>>I will be very interested to hear of the outcome of your research.

Unfortunately the MMC is all soldered up now, so I can't report whether just
the NST would have sufficed.

I come from a telecommunications background and I've had more than my fair
share of unpleasant LOW voltage shocks, back emf from relays and line
ringing AC with wet hands etc, so HV shocks hold no appeal for me
whatsoever!

Philip