Re: [TCML] SISG success

Phil,

Thank you for the warning.

>   I'd take Terry Fritz's  "guesstimated" extrapolated 800A peak
> instantaneous current limit very seriously
- I certainly do. At the moment the firing voltage of my SISG4 boards
is set to 6.9 kV, C prim is 162.5 nF +- 5% (rated) and L prim should
be around 13,7 µH. Taking not into consideration the losses like ESR
of the caps, wiring resistance ... the primary peak current
calculates to 750 A. The IGBTs are stone cold even without fan
cooling.

Bye		Herwig