Re: [TCML] Javatc updated to version 11.9

Hi Scott,

Yep, Firefox 3.0.3 is fast. I stopped using Netscape a long time ago when version 6 came around (lazy and slow). IE6 did best up until Firefox came along. Now Firefox is about 3 times faster than IE.

The VI distribution should run ok. It will first show a set of voltages with a base current of 1 amp. But it isn't finished at that point. It basically performed a low detail run to provide the base current and some inductances and it then continues a second run inserting this new base current. This final run increases the detail for a larger number of data points along the length of the coil and will replace the first set of numbers with more realistic values. At that point, it's done. Takes about 1 or 2 minutes of crunching time.

Take care,
Bart

bunnykiller wrote:
Hey Bart...

Back again, I downloaded Firefox 3.0.3 and retried JavaTC works very nice and quick... alot faster than Netscape 7.0, 8.0 and Flock.

Firefox 3.0.3 crunches the numbers in about 3-5 seconds as compared to the 20 - 30 seconds for the Netscapes and Flock.
Didnt try the secondary voltage run...

Scot D