Re: [TCML] apple green glow

As far as I understand that, the green glow of a glass tube indicates the presence of cathode rays. As a proof, this effect may be obtained in vacuum tubes with high voltage pulses supplied to a single electrode (the most simple setup is a small unfilled bulb put on a tesla coil or any other hv source). As there is no anode, no xrays can be formed by the electrons colliding with it (also the energy levels required for a glass to start glowing from xrays are long way higher), the effect is definitely a result of a cathode ray hitting a glass surface. On the other hand, I'm unsure if xrays are not produced in that process as well (however I doubt their power is enough to do any harm).