Re: [TCML] I am weasel

In a message dated 9/1/08 10:34:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oklahomacoiler@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>I see Weasel is geeting large sparks relitive to coil size, must be  the

>squirrel.  I'll be adding 4 squirrels to my coil, and maybe  experiment with

>racoons in parallel with the squirrels  :)

    You don't want raccoons in the tank circuit.  They're lossy at RF. But
they make better toploads - that's why people  are always tying raccoon tails to
the tops of their car antennas.

    I like Weasel's idea of a "thick film" substrate  construction of tree
bark for his secondary winding. Instead of wrapping wire,  one could use a lathe
to make a spiral cut in a thin copper layer on an  insulating form. It would
be easy to experiment with wire cross-section, aspect  ratio, etc. by changing
the thickness of the copper layer and pitch of the cut.  Even use multiple
"starts" to make multiple windings in parallel! Or  insulate, add another copper
layer, and there's another layer.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

deal here.