Re: [TCML] Secondary Coil Form

These work great once you remove the conductive lettering from the outside
and also the mold-release agent on the inside (which is activated by the
water in the concrete and could activate by water in the ambient air.

The inside is usually carefully pealed off while the outside is usually
sanded off.

Then, 3 coats of AC-43 or G.E. Red Glyptal (AC-43 has better anti-tracking
properties) on both inside and outside of tube allowing 20 hrs of drying
time between each coat.  This seals it up real well.
I buy AC-43 in gallons and can supply quarts of it to anyone who requires
it.
Also, if you are not in a big rush to do your coil I have just finished a
huge MOSFET solid state design using high-power Fujis.  I did the design
using an 8 inch Sonotube which is cheap at any local concrete or contractor
supply house.  Winding length is 42 inches.  Pri cap is 0.2 uF 4 kV MMC
style (4 caps).  24 x 6 inch toroid.

Should blast out solid 24-36 inch sparks, perhaps even longer.  I designed
it to be light for transport and powerful for small demonstrations.

I expect to have our first boards stuffed and ready for testing in early
Dec.  (perhaps earlier if time permits).

Dr. Resonance