Re: [TCML] Re: FreakySpeaker mk1 (Newbie Questions & the pics I promised!)

Check the metallic parts of your primary form for warmth.  If the primary
form is getting warm then a substantial amount of energy is being taken from
the primary circuit and converted to heat.  Due to the low power of your
setup you may not be able to detect any warmth, but this doesn't mean the
primary form is not taking energy from the system.  This energy converted to
heat will obviously not make it to your streamers, and thus the maximum
streamer length you're likely to achieve goes down.

I'm sure the magnet affects your primary circuit in some way, whether or not
it is meaningful is another question entirely.  I can't do the calculations
for this, but I'm assuming we'd need to know the strength of the magnet,
inductance of the primary and distance from primary to magnet.  This becomes
more difficult when you consider that the steel frame is probably also
weakly magnetized.

If you're really concerned about spark length then you might want to go with
a different form.