Re: [TCML] Should I repot this NST?

Steve,

It's so old that a lot of the asphalt spirits have dried up caused  the
potting to shrink. It could leave voids in critical areas, but it might  not remelt
too well now either. The asphalt also contains a lot of silica flour  that
may restrict it's flow even more. I'd just use it as-is and depot it if it
fails. Otherwise, remove as much of the rust on top as you can so it doesn't get
mixed into the rest of the potting compound and slowly heat it to see if it
will  flow enough to close up the cracks. Meanwhile, look for another NST for a
back-up.

Tony Greer

In a message dated 9/19/2008 7:25:21 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,