Re: [TCML] Function Generator Question

Greg,

It should probably have settings for minimum and maximum frequency and  sweep
duration that will allow you to sweep through any portion of it's output
frequency in a predetermined amount of time. This is used in many ways, like
radio and television diagnostics, amplifier design and testing, or sweeping
tuned circuits to find resonance points. There are others on the list that can
tell you more about that than I.

You can also make it sound just like a police siren (when amplified) by
setting the low and high frequencies somewhere between a few hundred and a few
thousand cycles, and sweeping that with the sine, triangle and square wave
functions. Being able to hear it will give you a good idea of how it  works.

Tony Greer

In a message dated 9/20/2008 9:14:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time,