RE: [TCML] Tube question

> resistor that I have set at 10 K. However, I epoxied the resistor
> down to the base and the epoxy has also glued down the "ring"
> of the slide tap so I would almost certainly destroy the resistor
> by trying to unglue it and vary the tap.

You can buy extra resistor ring taps, or you can easily make one from a
thin strip of copper, brass, or even a tin can.  The exact shape is not
critical, just so it makes firm contact with one or more of the exposed
turns on the resistor.  Install the new one, and simply abandon the one
that is epoxied in place.

73,

Ralph   W5JGV - WD2XSH/7