RE: [TCML] New 3.5" Coil - A kick in the right direction please!

>I would also like to switch it from a suction based system to a blown
gap! Assxuming that I am right in my understanding of low vs high
pressure zones and how this affects the quenching! Erm, come to think
of it, this is another area I must research better!

I've tried a whole bunch of different gaps - including sync rotary - and the 'hyperbaric' gap turned out to be the best for our NST based coil.
Dr R. was right all along...

Pete Kuhns simplified the design a little - you can see a movie here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6iVnSxqGJ8

There's a $20 Black and Decker vacuum cleaner you can buy that has a "blow" nozzle in the back - no need to remove the motor/fan with this.
I think the whole thing came in under $30, including the PVC cement and primer.

Additionally you can get a router speed controller from a good DIY store and hook this up to the cleaner.
This gives control of the air flow.

Steve