Re: [TCML] DIY Tank Capacitor - Plate configuration confusion

Hello Gary,

Thank you so much for your quick reply and many more thanks for
confirming my sanity! lol

I just found it completely weird that I could not find a single
reference to the series stacking of plates, thousands showing the
parallel stacking but none for series! .... strange!

Yes, I have been there as well and for exactly the same reasons which
is what led me to considering using a series stack up front instead of
the other way around. Manufacturing one's own caps is a tedious task
at best and speaking for myself, once the first one or two are
"complete", excitement gets the better of me and the temptation to
"test" it always gets the better of me! The resulting failure is not
quite the encouragement one needs at that point to get the rest of the
cells built properly! lol

I'll post an update once I've done the first few! I have a feeling
that there are going to be some pleasant benefits!

Again, my thanks

Best regards
Grant
Randburg, South Africa