RE: [TCML] VTTC Curent Draw

Try taking the plate cap off the tubes and run the voltage up on your
variac and see what the "no load" draw is. See if your input current "jumps
up" considerably around 90~100 volts.

I've ran saturation curve tests on some MOT's using an Omnicron CPC100 test
set and I will tell you that most MOT's are absolute junk when it comes to
efficiency. Nearly every one of them had the IEEE (saturation curve)  at
around 40 volts! That's disgusting for a transformer that supposed to
operate at 120VAC. There's not enough iron in them for the power they
produce. Unfortunately for us, real plate xfmrs are becoming  very scarce,
expensive and they do weigh allot. So we use MOT's anyway because they're
cheap, easy to come by and besides; what a couple extra amps amongst
friends anyway!

PS: please keep us informed on your "no load" tests as this is good info.

Thanks,
Hank