Re: [TCML] 60ma Coil Discharge - comments welcome

Hi Steve,

Your strike ring is too high. The resulting high E-field between the ring and secondary creates "Christmas Tree" corona between the secondary and strike ring. Lower the strike ring a couple of inches or eliminate it entirely.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:
http://www.stephenhobley.com/60ma_coil_1.jpg

This is a picture of our coil with the 'new' 60ma NST with 135uF run
capacitors.

You can see one of the flashes (possibly caused by lint) and a strange
corona running like 4 searchlights from the top of the strike rail
supports (insulated) up to the toroid - we've never seen that before -
anyone know what is causing it?
I'll clean and varnish the coil and take another picture when it's
ready.

Steve