Re: [TCML] 60ma Coil Discharge - comments welcome

Hi Steve,

Bert and Hank are correct about the strike ring being too high and having no coating only aggravates the situation. I personally would eliminate the strike ring altogether. You can also wrap up the coil with Saran Wrap for a test of how it will perform with a coating (a mock up).

Bart

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:
http://www.stephenhobley.com/60ma_coil_1.jpg

This is a picture of our coil with the 'new' 60ma NST with 135uF run
capacitors.

You can see one of the flashes (possibly caused by lint) and a strange
corona running like 4 searchlights from the top of the strike rail
supports (insulated) up to the toroid - we've never seen that before -
anyone know what is causing it?

I'll clean and varnish the coil and take another picture when it's
ready.

Steve