[TCML] small coil resurrection time

Hey guys,
     I am in the process of resurrecting my 3-in tesla coil just in time
for an informal Halloween presentation to the neighbors (with a number
of improvements, like a 4-in secondary, so it is pretty much a new
coil.)  Anyway I have a question, I plan on using 10AWG for the tank
wiring (it is OBIT powered, 3 in parallel for 10kV at 69mA with 30nF
cap) would there be any advantage to using 1/4 inch copper tubing or
will some solid wire 10AWG be fine, I'm not sure which is more
expensive.  Since this coil will be borrowing my Sync gap and nice
control box normally used by my larger coil, I don't want to sacrifice
any significant performance for a few dollars.  Perhaps I should use
thicker wire yet, any thoughts would be appreciated.  Also I am using
some super cheap surplus caps I found on electronic goldmine,
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G16864
Has anybody used these and if so how good were they, I know it is
dangerous to use surplus stuff but I figure they will be a step up from
pickle jar caps I used to use, and if they break, it didn't cost me
much!  Thanks.

Scott Bogard.