[TCML] Inverter MO HV supply

Hello Group,

Has anyone tried to use a Panasonic MO inverter supply with a SS gap such as
Terry's Piranha II ? This would be cool as it lowers the weight even more.
The supply has a 4kv, 1200w output out of the box via a doubler. There is a
link from Richard Hull's Fusor list to a shematic. Thanks goes out to David
Smith, VK3HZ, for scoping out the control signals of the supply. It turns
out to be a 220hz, TTL PWM to control the output power. There is a 555
schematic that works perfect for this.

David was trying to find a supply to drive a linear. This is a constant
current output which should be better for our needs. To get real power and
less ripple for multiple multiplier stages, two of these could share a
common output ground to drive a fullwave multiplier. Cool in concept for a
cap charger or a PS for Piranha II.

Be careful with these as every thing is hot until you get to the inverter
transformer output.

I bought a working Panasonic MO for $15.00. Contact me off list or carry on
the thread if our esteemed moderators find this applicable.

Thanks Much,

Jim Mora