Re: [TCML] Rotary Spark Gap Break Rate?

360 BPS!!!!

Just kidding. Actually I do like 360 bps, but this is with a current source of pig power. Your math is correct. However, what is your effective cap voltage at each presentation? That value determines the bang or energy delivered across the gap at each break. This energy is based on your cap size and your transformer power. Use Javatc as it will give you all this info and more regarding the rotary gap design.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

Take care,
Bart

Teslamad wrote:
What do you guys think the best break rate for an ARSG? I've heard 240 - 400 bps

Currently, I'm designing a new gap with 10 rotary electrodes, 2 stationary electrodes, 1550 RPM motor, and if my math / formula is correct...

(1550rpm * 10 electrodes) / 60 = aprox. 258.33 bps

What do ya think?

Regards,
Andrew