Tony Greer
Special Effects Neon
Lubbock, Texas

In a message dated 4/17/2009 6:12:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Tony,
What is the max current and voltage? Any idea what the freq  is?

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx  [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bert Hickman
Sent: Friday,  April 17, 2009 7:38 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML]  Load Sensing Transformer

Thanks for the explanation Tony! With a FWB HV  rectifier, it sounds like
it might make a great capacitor charging  supply.

Bert

Sfxneon@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A "Load Sensing" neon transformer is something fairly  new, and  is
designed
> to output a constant current over a wider range of   voltages. It was
meant

> to replace a number of different sized  transformers  in order to reduce
the
> inventory in the shop or  on the truck. Think of it as a  "one size fits
all"
>  transformer, replacing transformers from 2 to 12 kV. The  down side  to
that
> is if you only need a 2 kv NST, you pay for a 12kV NST.  They  are
actually

> electronic power supplies and probably  unsuitable for coiling, but  go
ahead
> and try it.
>
> Tony Greer
> Special Effects Neon
> Lubbock,  Texas
>
> In a message dated 4/16/2009 9:54:35 P.M. Central   Daylight Time,
> bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Nor have I. The  term "load  sensing" almost sounds like some kind of
> transformer  used to check bonding?  If that is the case, then who knows.
> I've  never tried such a device for  powering a coil. Bonding
transformers
> are generally 0-12mA and adjustable  from 0-5000V. But if there  are
units
> capable of 12kV at 35mA, then it might  be possible  (assuming the
current
> sense is defeated).
>
> Any more  info  on the tranny?
>
> Take care,
> Bart

**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221246370x1201421635/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html?cat=adbuy&src=pl
atforma&adid=aolfooter&newurl=reg_path.html)