From: Jim Mora [mailto:wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:43 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: Mystery Transformer, Simpson 270 II damage

Hello,

Well I just had to make some tests on the "impedance" power transformer
today. The first 7 sets of connections ouput by 10volt in ratio
3120,4329,5760,6240, 8160,10,560,13,800 volts respectfully. The next three
taps are outside windings and their function is unclear to me. The patent
speaks to appyling DC on the Beta model. Fiddling with them smoked the
function switch on my classic series II Simpson 270. Anyone have one for
parts? I think the 260 II-4 use the same selector.
Of course it was clipped on the output. Even with 10v in what must have been
just a few turns in made more than 1KV out. Yikes, I think I will leave
those turns alone! In retrospect, that low miliohm simple circuit would have
been worth making.

In any case, I have a very flexible and stiff power transformer!

Jim Mora