Re: [TCML] SRSG Rotor Mods difficulty

>From what little experience I have, I'd say that larger flats would provide
more intense polar flux in the rotor, and may make it easier for a higher
speed motor to lock, operating at one rotation per cycle. As stated in the
article you site, this will reduce the amount of torque the motor will
provide, and may heat it up a bit. Nothing I'd worry about too much unless
it starts smoking...

As for the "dead" pole, the author of the article seems to have utilized a
motor in which the layout of the windings is very clear. If you can't
identify the dead pole or the startup windings (nither could I, and I used
practically the same motor), I wouldnt worry about it. He seems to have
pointed it out to describe the theory of operation and nothing more.

--
^ Thats what she said. ^