RE: [TCML] Lighting

Question two

Get an intervalometer -- these hook to the camera (you need an external
control port) and can take any sort of time-lapse photography that you want.

Most manufacturers make something in the $100 range.  If you want Cadillac,
get a Mumford Time Machine:
http://bmumford.com/photo/camctlr.html

Or roll your own with a Camera Axe
http://www.glacialwanderer.com/hobbyrobotics/?p=167

Better still, most mid to high end cameras have a USB port and come with
software that can be used to do this.  Use a laptop for storage and you are
all set...

I use Nikon and the commercial version ($$$) of their camera control
software allows me to make multiple exposures so I can do high dynamic range
photography.

Dave