Re: [TCML] Old TRW technical flea market in LA

Bob Deuel wrote:
I attended the TRW meet a year ago while on vacation. It was sure not the way I remembered from previous times. I do not think I would go out of my way to attend it in the future. While in So Cal, I went to Apex Surplus in San Fernando at the recommendation of Ed Phillips. Now there is an old fashion surplus store. It is much better than TRW.

Bob, K2GLO

Apex is an interesting place (and I don't know that I'd want to be in there during an earthquake). However, their pricing strategy is somewhat peculiar. They do a lot of prop rental to the movie/TV industry, so things that "look cool" or retro tend to be expensive, because they'd rather rent them to a propmaster for $100/day than sell it.

It's a great place if you want circular MIL connectors.