From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Mora
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 5:29 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] Hello List, Question Lurks..

Ha Ha,

Sorry, I apologize for being cryptic. I have been using Sans as in
Sherif
(lacking or without) for a very long time since I worked on early,
dedicated
word processors and carried my Scope to align the 8" Shugart floppy
drives
and worked on Qume and Diablo daisy wheel printers to component level.

No Hank, this is not my first tube coil (12 years old) with my Father;
but,
it is the first time I understand what it actually going on. My first
college electronics classes were on Vacuum tubes with a small mixture of
transistors.

I do want >4KWatts at >4KV on my 833C tubes.

Hank, if you level shift or put (4) MOTS in series/parallel the
effective
relative current is halved. Yes? - unless you are creating energy at
last!

Anyway, I want to rebuild this 3phase transformer to be near saturation
on
the center leg and thus magnetize the two outer legs as well as
possible.
Since it is a symmetrical (all silicone steel legs of equal size, 2"
wide).
It is unclear to me if this will work. I plan on 120 turns of square
#7awg
240v in on the center former which will raise the relative turns ratio
of
the outer #24 or #26 windings. Otherwise, I will have to use my 200lb+
multi-tap dry transformer. Yuk!