Re: [TCML] Gate Drive Waveforms Ringing

Hi,
Another thing i have noticed is that taking the measurements
differentially or single ended makes a difference. For me, when I
measure the output of the drive electronics or the gdt, if I use a
single scope probe I get ringing just like in your picture, but if I
use two probes and set the scope to 'subract', (differential
meausurement) with the grounds tied together and floating, I get a
nice square wave. I dont quite understand this, as my drive
electronics are isolated from mains ground (different story for the
h-bridge, Im just refering to the control and drive electronics), so
it shouldn't make a difference; maybe its some kind of radiated
common-mode noise?

Cheers,
Jesse