[TCML] J Douglass Falk Plasma Globe

I have a very unusual plasma globe.
It is a little over 9" diameter,on a black square block with an intensity control. It has a cable that goes to a separate, good sized rectangular power supply box, (12"x6"x6"). It is very very unusual with it's streamers, not like any other plasma ball that I have seen so far,
and the electrode is not round, but flattened on the top.
Under the base of the globe, is the following, that is hand written:

Grounds for plasma
J Douglas Falk
7/87
custom

On the power supply is a plaque that reads:

Falk Inc.
186 Paul court
Hillsdale N.J.
07642

Product: Groundstar
Model: Plasma Sculpture
Serial; 2T-R
Mfg date: 787

I have been unable to find anything our about this unit or guy. Except one person said there was someone with a similar name that made them back then, and still does now.
It is very professionally made.

Does anyone here know anything about it, or him?

Kevin

PS,
This is talking about a Tesla Coil design, just smaller than what we normally make, and not using the normal atmosphere. :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Bogard" <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:25 PM
Subject: [TCML] parker globe for sale

Hey guys,
for those collectors interested an original Bill Parker Plasma globe just went up for sale, http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Bill-Parker-Light-Sculpture-Dated-Signed-1984_W0QQitemZ170372292107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aafade0b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 <http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Bill-Parker-Light-Sculpture-Dated-Signed-1984_W0QQitemZ170372292107QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aafade0b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14>
Too rich for me but it looks pretty cool.

Scott Bogard.