From: Frosty <frosty90@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] GU5B VTTC

John,

My reasoning would be that if a single staccato 'shot' begins when the mains
waveform is near 0, then the rf envelope has a smooth rise, which would
create a straight spark, as has been observed in solid state coils. (so the
overall appearance would depend on how any one particular staccato
controller worked) But what about the ones where the spark is branched, but
each branch is straight?!

Cheers,
Jesse

sword sparks vs. branched sparks.  I noticed your sparks occasionally
form the single sword spark. Usually there's some branching in your
sparks
in this video.  Both ways are nice effects.  I know some of the
factors that produce this branching, but not all.  Research continues.

Cheers,
John