From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of BunnyKiller
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 5:43 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] re: New Guy

Hey Rhys...

You may want to consider laser flash tubes...  quite bright, very fast
pulse rates. If you need consecutive pulses within micro or milli
seconds, cooling factors should be considered...

Scot D

Rhys Sage wrote:

>Thanks for the offer of the tubes but these will, I suspect, be xenon
tubes. Xenon has an afterglow. My intent is to photograph bullets in flight.
The best I can do with a xenon flash is shown on my website under
"high-speed". I'm hoping to build a truly high-speed flash with a duration
of 0.5 microseconds. The fastest xenon is 1/100,000th of a second. Edgerton
noted this in his book "Electronic Flash, Strobe".