RE: [TCML] NST Terry filter

No, the resistors cannot be replaced with chokes of any kind.  The resistors are an integral part of the R-C low pass filter.  The R-C filter is specifically designed to avoid the resonance that any L-C filter would have.  Filters using chokes were widely used until a more thoughtful analysis and simulation was performed, and it then became apparent that L-C filters cause more problems than they solve.  See more comments and analysis of NST filter networks at http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/protection.htm

But yes, you can use the two ceramic caps instead of the string.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA