  From: Brandon Hendershot
  Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:23
  Subject: [TCML] Resistant Spark Gap

  I found a link someone put up on the list of site that sells brass
  balls for pretty cheap. I ordered a few for my spark gap and soon to
  come Terry Filter. The problem is, the gap needs to be half the size
  it was before in order to fire. Is it because the electrodes are now
  round and have less of a preferance of where to arc to? Or are they
  acting like a resistor on the high voltage?

  Other things I've changed are the connecting wires and the screws
  since I needed bigger ones for the balls to screw on to. But I've
  checked the resistance with an ohmeter and they are the same... Any
  words on this?

  Thanks a lot, guys.
  Brandon