From: Frosty <frosty90@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:18:36 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Slo-Mo Videos of Tesla Coil

Has anyone ever noticed that CW sparks often have a 'cork-screw' sort of
appearance? looking at Derek's shots there it seems like the ionized channel
starts off rather straight then sort of twists up, could this be due to the
magnetic field from the current in the arc forcing the channel out in one
direction then another, or maybe convictive air currents (it seems to happen
too quick for this). also why do SGTC's not produce the cork-screw like
effects seen in solid state/vacuum tube coils? Is it the longer 'on' time
for each spark?

Cheers,
Jesse