Re: [TCML] energy storage caps

In a message dated 2/24/09 11:02:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I  need 10 - 20 kV range and approx 50 to 75 uFD value.  I have some nice
1.5
>uF at 100 kV but that would probably put the soda can in  orbit.
>I need a smaller value in the range 3-5  kJoules.

    I know you know that 50uF @ 10kV is 2.5kJ, but  75uF @ 20kV is 15kJ? A
bit outside your range, and twice the 7.5kJ of your 1.5uF  @ 100kV?

    Granted, the 10-20kV will be *much* easier to work  with and more
practical...

    Just guessing that you're building in some  design margins as usual. :)

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities
**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.