Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Bart,

> > Remember: The MOT's no load output voltage was 2232
> > Vrms and its voltage connected to the circuitry of Piranha II rose to
> > 3675 Vrms.
>  The diodes and caps are in a Greinacher doubler configuration
> charging C1 and C2 on each rectified half cycle.
- of course 2232*sqrt2*2 = 6313 Vpp. I was not writing about the
voltage across the capacitors but the voltage across the MOT and I
wanted to know the source of this voltage rise. Two possibilities
come to mind: emf and ferro-resonance (thank you for mentioning).
This overvoltage ruined my medical HV tranny. Using MOVs across the
MOT is no solution as they become blazing hot within seconds. I am
afraid of connecting a capacitor across the MOT as it could produce
new resonances. And I do not dare to use my oscilloscope close to a
running TC of course.

Bye		Herwig