RE: [TCML] Topload design questions

Hi Karl,

Using two toroids as you describe is a common and good idea.  By raising the upper toroid, I think it reduces the tendency to have racing sparks as well as primary strikes.  I like to use a large metal can to separate the two toroids, but I think the choice of technique results in purely mechanical & aesthetic differences.

I use a single15/60 NST with a 6" secondary, topped with lower 4.5" x 15.5" and upper 7" x 30" toroids.  So you may want to consider a larger topload after things get optimized.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA