[TCML] MOT Stack advise

Hello All,

Since MOT impedance and other MOT issues are front and center, I would like
to seek advice from our MOT users.

I have (2) needs: (1.) The ability to rapidly charge a BIG "discharge"
Maxwell cap to 5KV (240uf) to blow up wires, crush cans, or launch
sub-orbital disk drive plates... ;-) (2) I desire a 5KV+ DC supply for Tesla
lower voltage higher "I" output for experimentation or ??? (all back burner
experiments).

Resources:
(4) identical MOT's @ ~2200/120, 1kw ea.
(2) Maxwell 4uf/ 15KV filter caps
(x) many HV BIG puck diodes.
(x) .5" phenolic sheets
(1) suitable ammo can
(x) gallons of laxative mineral oil (for horses ;-) Ha ha, I have a prune
bush in the backyard, which is still for the birds ;-)

PRIMARY

.	My thoughts are series (2) 120v primaries for 240vin (4400Vout).
.	Parallel second set of primaries in an insulated stack to above,
case 	to mains ground.

SECONDARY

.	Float the cores and series/ parallel as above
.	Full wave rectification for ~ 4400/.707=~6200volts
.	Parallel the Maxwells for filtering and smoothing and provide
bleeders.

I don't really like the idea of floating the cores although I can fairly
easily make a solid mechanical isolation to the case which as stated would
be at Mains ground and of course fused.

Please advise if this is the best way to achieve the 4400v@ ~2amp output
verses doublers. It seems to me the extra iron should distribute the power
and heat to the load with less core stress and a variac can bring me down to
the 100v limit, which as I read you is where the cores begin to saturate.

Advice welcomed! As far as I know, we have (3) documented Tesla Coil deaths.
As I understand it, there are many more casualties from young experimenters
and scavenged curbside mini pig MOT's. This is a warning that it seems to me
is of our responsibly, that should appear on our growing websites.

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora

Sorry for the rant; but, I have been bitten by an OBIT in my young days;
Microwave ovens were not at curbs in those days or the outcome would have
been much worse or deadly! ;~(