RE: [TCML] X-ray cable best practices for feeder cable

Hello Dr. R and Dr T,

I don't doubt your observations at all. I did a search on Blumlien after the
thread started. It is generally made of multiple segments of coax or
capacitive plates and pulsed energy. Check this Defense site pdf, complete
with the math:
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA422221&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.p
df

Perhaps the question is a moot point though:

How can the voltage ever rise above the set point of robustly constructed
horn safety gaps on each end? Frequent firings would confirm your point.
>From my view, cutting the ends and stripping cable back does not negate the
capacitance effect of stored energy. This may make unexpected contact with
the feeder all the more dangerous. I surely like the safety aspect of a
grounded, terminated coaxial cable. The feeders in utility company under-
ground HV are all of course coaxial and carry AC though not pulsed
hopefully. The big difference I suppose is the capacitance per foot.

Thanks to all for suffering though this thread. I do believe it is an issue
that engineers that specialize in this effect would help put to bed.

Jim Mora