[TCML] New list member

Hello,

 My name is Rob and I am new to the list and fairly new to coiling. Here is a picture of my first coil made from junk. It is powered by a 6Kv NST and I used two sheets of aluminum foil with overhead transparencies for the capacitor. I'm not sure on the secondary wire gauge as I unwound it from a fan motor. The toroid is a wheel from my deceased R/C plane covered in foil tape.

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/2453129267/sizes/l/

Here is a picture of my second attempt at coiling. This coil is wound on a 2" by 16" acrylic tube with 1100 turns of #27 mag wire. The secondary is 16 turns of #12 copper wire around a 4" acrylic tube. The capacitors are two 4" by 18" PVC leyden jars from my Wimshurst machine I made. The toroid is two 4" metal disks from an old hard drive. It seems to run better with a small top load... The spark gap is a multi copper tube static gap and is all powered by a 12Kv 30mA NST. I'm not sure if it is as tuned as it could be since I don't have an oscilloscope or a frequency generator.

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/3127012246/sizes/l/

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/3064458743/sizes/l/

I am currently in the middle of two other coils as well as a few other of my electrostatic an tea laser projects. This is a pic of a larger coil wound on 4" by 24" PVC with #26 High Temp mag wire (the brown stuff). The picture might look like it's Red, but I think it may be due to the fluorescent light. I plan to power this one with my 12Kv 30mA NST.

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/2537420195/sizes/l/

This is my failed attempt at a solid state tesla coil. These are just pics while still under construction. I dont have a picture of the coil but it is a 4" by 10" secondary wound with #30 with the primary wound directly over the bottom of the primary. I powered it up and a few of the components exploded. I have put it aside for now...

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/3126997178/sizes/l/

http://flickr.com/photos/robbyron/3126171795/sizes/l/

Any comments and or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Rob.