RE: [TCML] Flaming Toroid Streamers

It was a Pizza pan actually (though we refer to them as "cookie sheets"
around the lab). We use them as the bottom pan for our fire tornado's and
lots of other basic buring demos.

It was just a "hey, work is over let's dick around with the coils" kind of
evening and Austin had a camera rolling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYNdhnMe3k

Towards the end of this video we played with fire (it's now part of one of
our demos).

We still do not use bottle rockets with the coils though ;)

Christopher A. Boden
President / Founder
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup.org

> From: "S&JY" <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
>> All,
>>

>> Some time ago there was an interesting post describing an experiment
wherein
>> a small pan (pie plate?) with alcohol in it was placed on the toroid of a
>> coil.  The alcohol was ignited, and the coil was fired up, resulting in a
>> spectacular display.  I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if
others
>> have and what results were achieved.  Any photos of it would be great to
>> view.
>>

>> Any other such experiments, such as streamers issuing from cotton balls
>> soaked in copper chloride or whatever would be interesting to hear about.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Steve Y.

19:59