RE: [TCML] fused variac

Most Variacs state the current rating someplace on them (or on the box?).  If it does not and only lists a KVA rating, I would believe that over the value of the fuse found in it, since you don't know for sure that the fuse has not been replaced.  If you really want to be sure, perhaps you can post detailed core dimensions and we can compare that to cores of better-known units.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA