From: Scott Bogard <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:22:08 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] op amp wiring

I'll put a schematic up someplace later it may be some time as I don't
have internet in my apartment and school internet frowns on uploading
files; but basically this will be a modification of the single
transistor feedback winding schematic, the op amp will have a steady 6
volt fed the the non-inverting pin? and the sinusoidal output (which
would normally be the base for the 3055 transistor) will go to the
inverting pin?.  The idea is to have the op amp flip between 0 and 12
volts to drive a mosfet for a square wave output, when the mosfet is
on, it will choke the input to the inverting pin (via the feedback
winding) until the op amp switches off, and then the cycle begins
again when the field in the feedback winding dissipates.  This is
probably an over complicated system, but I want something that is
square wave and self resonant (the standard 3055 circuit seems to
never utilize the full 12 volts input unless I'm reading the
oscilloscope wrong, and I don't like the 555 timer circuits as they do
not dynamically adjust to load.)  Also as best I can tell nobody does
it this way and I wanted to make something original; then again maybe
they done do this because it won't work, I don't know.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Scott Bogard.