Re: [TCML] Small VTTC Progress

Herr Zapp,

There are 19 turns, close-wound, but the PVC insulation
provides some spacing in a sense, at least compared to
magnet wire.  I think the inductance of the primary is
about 49 uH or so.  At full power, the plate of the tube
gets red hot in 7 seconds, then it remains at
that same brightness indefinitely as the coil runs at full
power giving the 6" spark output.

John
--

John -

This sounds like an interesting little coil.

To get a better idea of your primary inductance, how many actual turns are there? You didn't mention if the 2" winding length was close-wound, or spaced.

How long can the 4-125 operate (generating the peak 6" output) before the plate
gets red hot?

Regards,
Herr Zapp