[TCML] My first Tesla Ground Questions

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help so far, I am now using the designs set out on deepfriedneon.com and am very close to the first test firing of my coil!! I just have a quick question about suitable grounds...

I recently did the 17th edition wiring regulations and it stated that you should never use water or other supply pipes as a ground. Should I follow these guidelines for my coil and if so what else could I use? I live on an industrial estate in London so I have no access to nice earth to put a spike into. I do however have lightning conductors on the side of buildings and there are some earth rods on concrete plates on the ground. Which, if any of these should I be using?

I am starting to get very excited about firing up so I have slowed down as to not make rushed mistakes in the final phase of construction. All I have to do is wire in the MMC and fit the Primary/ secondary/top load to some form of frame on top of my control circuitry. I am short of wood in the house though so am looking for things to disassemble to create this structure!

thanks again for all your help

Simon