Re: [TCML] NST Measurements

Exactly. The whole point of the shunts is to turn the NST into a current
regulated transformer. Unlike incandescent lamps which are self-ballasting
because they increase in resistance as the current increases, neon tubes  (or spark
gaps) DECREASE in resistance as the current increases, and have to  have a
constant current (with a floating voltage) power supply. The current will
remain essentially the same as the tubes age and require more voltage. Exactly  how
this translates into useful coiling information I'm not really sure, but
that is the design principles of an NST.

Tony Greer

In a message dated 1/22/2009 4:17:00 P.M. Central Standard Time,