Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:27:19 EST
From: Sfxneon@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re: Tar
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Bob,
If you pull a vacuum in the transformer can, be sure it is strong enough to withstand the difference in pressure. Atmospheric pressure will crush even a round steel 55 gallon drum if a vacuum is created inside. There is a ton (literally) of pressure on each square foot with only 14 PSI pressure difference, so be careful you don't implode the transformer can. I also seriously doubt that any sign shop would try to evacuate a transformer can with their pumping system. That's not what it was designed to do. I wouldn't want to risk contamination of my pumping system with oil vapor or the possibility of sucking oil into the manifold. _______________________________________________
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx