Re: [TCML] Still stuck at 36"

The answer to your frustration, I suspect, is poor quenching.

Make up a simple hyperbaric sparkgap (vac. cleaner motors are free from a
local large vac cleaner repair shop it you haul along your kid, take a few
photos with you, and declare you need it for "the kid's school science
project".  About $12 worth of fittings from a large local hardware store,
and your sparks should
increase substantially especially with the MMC caps.

I'm sending you the plans off-list.

I've never seen a small or medium size coil in which the performance does
not increase substantially with the use of a hyperbaric sparkgap.
Lots of air --- real fast rules!

Dr. Resonance