Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Calibrating a sync spark gap

Here's some pics:

Scope showing the AC line, the trigger point is at the very left edge of the screen. The upper trace is the current probe but the pulse is too short to see at this timebase. In the second pic you can kinda see that it's triggering on both peaks.

http://www.thorbass.com/images/Tesla/ssg/ssgScope1.jpg
http://www.thorbass.com/images/Tesla/ssg/ssgScope2.jpg

This is a shot of the bolt with the titanium rod through it. You can just make out the set screw on the left side at the bottom of the bolt head.

http://www.thorbass.com/images/Tesla/ssg/ssg3.jpg

Test setup...
http://www.thorbass.com/images/Tesla/ssg/ssg2.jpg