From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rob Byron
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:21 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] 833A Tube

Hi jim, Dave,
Thanks. I am planning to build my first VTTC and chose to use Steve wards
single 833a design. After seeing the $200 price for the tube I almost
scraped the idea. I can handle $90 for a tube. All the caps are going to set
me back as it is. I have two MOT's set aside for this project. I also have
some 1400pF 20Kv doorknobs from a laser project, does anyone know if these
will work for a VTTC?

Rob.

________________________

On 2009-01-28 23:38:09 -0700 Jim Mora <wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Negative, check RF parts for new Taylor 833a's on special for $89.00. Try
> find some 833C which have a carbon and more robust plate. So I have have
> been told anyway.
>
> http://www.rfparts.com/tubetran_specials.html These are new. Anyone know
> where Taylor tubes are made? I had two of them but sold them and found 4
> pulls on Ebay.
>
> Jim Mora
>
> When I build the quad I'll use the pulls to get in the ball park and then
if
> funds allow I'll buy 4 833C's. This won't be for some time.

Behalf