Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Resistors

No thanks! Your word is good enough for me. Terry mentioned Nichrome wire, so that would now make sense with the very high resistivity. Seems there are a lot of flavors for Nichrome out there, but they appear to have vastly larger resistivity than copper (which is what I used). Well, at least I know why they don't use copper wire (and know how to create one out of copper wire <grin>).

And since it is a single layer Nichrome alloy, the inductance must be very small.

Regards,
Bart

Quarkster wrote:
Bart -
All "standard" tubular ceramic core, wire-wound power resistors are constructed with a single layer of bare (uninsulated) resistance wire. Hit one of your Ohmite "Terry filter" resistors with a hammer and you'll see what I mean. Regards,
Herr Zapp