From: "Ed Phillips" <evp2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:evp2%40earthlink.net>>
To: <tubecollectorsassociation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tubecollectorsassociation%40yahoogroups.com>>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 7:49 PM
Subject: [TCA] Taylor TUBES

> Anybody know where the tubes in this list are being made?
>
> http://www.rfparts.com/tubetran_specials.html <http://www.rfparts.com/tubetran_specials.html>
>
> Ed"

Although Carl didn't say so the "word on the street" is that many of these tubes are of quite inferior quality. I don't know of any way an individual could determine that before buying them. Unfortunately there's no way to know [except asking the dealer and taking his word] whether the name given for the manufacturer shows that it came from an original and very high quality company like Eimac or Svetlana [Russian manufacture which at one time made excellent power tubes] or are from some cheapie output who branded them accordingly.

A source of tubes I don't see mentioned very often here is Russian/Soviet surplus. Up to the end of the Cold War the Russians made superb power tubes and many types are available from European dealers in surplus Russian material. Maybe someone here can list a source and desireable tube types - I can't since I'm not in the market.

Ed